name for rv420???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name for rv420???

does anyone know what will be the name for r420. will it be like radeon 10000 radeon 12000pro and something like that. i think the number would be too big if they name it like that. i will rather call it RadeonX800 RadeonEX900 something like that .

Nobody knows yet but it's not dx10 as far as we know, so it probably wont be the 10000's yet. Maybe the 9900XT or something ridiculous like that.

Comment

I think its okay to call it 10000 series, both 9000 and 9200 or 9100 arent directx 9 based card

Comment

You can count on them releasing a new name scheme with their new line of cards as anything above 10,000 would sound utterly rediculous.

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if they went to single digits? :p

hypothetically: the Radeon 2, 2.5, and 2.5Pro, etc

Comment

or fractions:

THE BRAND NEW RADEON 7\23 and the 8\26 PRO

Comment

It would make sense that they come up with something totally new and fresh....instead of just using the old Radeon again. 9900 is really as far as they can go.

Comment

Why not 9901 Pro Ultra..:?:

LOL

I agree, things are startin' to bug me and many others.. Let's hope they come up with something completely new, however it's their product so it's their decision.. :shrug:

Comment

Hmmm... seems nVidia ACTUALLY has the jump on Ati in one area, they're only at 5900, lol. I think it'd be cool if they went to letters now, or letters/numbers combos.

Comment

Working...
                  X