AGP Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Speed

Should I try to push the AGP speed or leave it at 66MHz?

Always leave the AGP bus speed at deafault, increasing it too high could damage mobo or ure video card..

Comment

Actually, this depends on the system components and the quality of the video board. If you'll think back a while, you might remember when locking the AGP bus at 66.6MHz was simply not an option. At that time it was often the choke point of your overclocking when you're peripherals wouldn't perform at the higher speeds... not the memory and processor.

You will likely have no problems by boosting the AGP speed upwards of about 69-71MHz, but that isn't a guarantee. Also, it will be pot luck as to whether your system will make use of this or not, so check for system stability first, then if stable run some benchmarks to see if there is any improvement.

Good luck!
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Far be it for me to question you on a subjectfor which 'm asking help, but my my AOpen AK79D-400VN allows me to adjust it from 66.67MHz to 100MHz.

Comment

Increasing the AGP bus gives you no gain in performance. So i do not see why you would in danger you hardware. Well it gave no performance when i tested it out on my mobo.
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
          X