HI and BYE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HI and BYE

I heard that the FSB should be clocked the same as the RAM, should I get the /800 or /667 for an overclocked CPU?

Comment

You sould go with the faster stuff if u can spend the extra money. unless your getting

Motherboard:
      Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition Core 2 Duo........$117.00
      Only supports up to DDR2/667, not /800.

but if want to oc further your ram would be up to it.
      Last edited by zaqwsx; 09-17-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Sorry for bein gone so long, I hope to be here to the 11th when I order the parts, I might get some parts before then though.

How about the E6400 b/c the larger L2 isnt worth 100+$$.
        I still dunno which board to get though, should I go for the better RAM or better GPU chipset and save 100 to spend on the CPU or somethin?
        I can always upgrade my mobo when the prices go down and the better boards come out. Or should i buy the ddr2/800 board?

Thank you so much!!
        BJF

Comment

Originally posted by orangutang90
          I heard that the FSB should be clocked the same as the RAM, should I get the /800 or /667 for an overclocked CPU?
          That isn't true. That used to be the way Intel overclocking worked, now it is not as critical. I would be careful spending too much on any single piece right now cinsidering prices are through the roof for ram and motherboards. And the E6600's are sure nice to have with that extra cache, but the E6400 is still amazing and saving $100 is a great idea. I'd get the E6400 and a good mobo with some good DDR2 667 ram. That will rock your wowrld and not your budget.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thanks homie!! I will buy the mobo in a few days!!

I thinks I will get 1 gig of RAM for now and upgrade when the $$ is available.
            BJF

Comment

It would be better to get a 2gb stick because if u want to oc its less of a pain. Oing two sticks would be more stable than four am i right or wronge.
              Because I heard something like that a while back.

Comment

Ok, I will save a lot of dough this way also, about 50$

I ORDERED THE BOARD YAAAAA!

Also, I have seen cards from evga xfx leadtech etc. is it ok if I were to buy...ohhh say... a XfX Geforce 7900gt and a Evga Geforce 7900gt? or would they be incompatible? I really love the 7900gt, GDDR3, 256bit beauty, and some real beast.
                Last edited by orangutang90; 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orangutang90
                  Ok, I will save a lot of dough this way also, about 50$

I ORDERED THE BOARD YAAAAA!

Also, I have seen cards from evga xfx leadtech etc. is it ok if I were to buy...ohhh say... a XfX Geforce 7900gt and a Evga Geforce 7900gt? or would they be incompatible? I really love the 7900gt, GDDR3, 256bit beauty, and some real beast.
                  I dont know for sure but it sould be possible the only thing would be that it would be better to have the same brand so u dont get any issues but i mean if u can buy an evga or xfx why dont u buy the same card how much diffrent is it in price.

Comment

BFG and Evga are the major brands on ebay so I will buy whichever come cheapest at time of purchase. I am so anxious waiting for my mobo!!

Comment

Man I love the feeling when your new hardware comes!!

Comment

LoL, I cant wait for the thing to come!!
                        BTW I now am informed on the date that my $$ is coming on and it aint nice, the 20th of october, I will order the other parts for my system then.
                        I think I will get an OS from Ebay.
                        Last edited by orangutang90; 09-27-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Heeeellllloooo??

Comment

Working...
                          X