Missing the Clock Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing the Clock Frequency

I have a 6800GT OC and was looking to overclock it. I did some searching and found that a lot of people have been tinkering with this product.

I found this link http://3dgpu.com/archives/2004/08/09...k-guide/#clock that allows you to manually overclock your card WITHIN the Nvidia control panel.

Problem is, i don't have this option on my panel. Anyone know where it went or how i get it back?

Re: Missing the Clock Frequency

Easiest way is to install a small program named Coolbits that changes a registry entry allowing the overclocking screen to be seen. Check out the downloads section at guru3d.com. Be cautious when overclocking ... baby steps (5mhz at a time max). Test for stability with a video benchmarking program between each increase.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: Missing the Clock Frequency

That did it. Thanks! My video card crashes though when i do that, I get this srange artifacty green screen of death. So i'll stick to stock.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X