No announcement yet.

Nv30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout Visiontek's website, and if that's a reproduction of the FX's fan, then there's no way I'll be fitting one to
    any PC's I build or own, it really does sound like a jet engine, if Nvidia seriously believe that people want to hear that
    racket, then I'm stunned.

Visiontek

RDR, Chill, that was just a bit of fun, we all realise that as the forum moderator you're unbiased, but as a forum member
    you're allowed to express your opinion like any of us.

More FX fun

Comment

• Read article

Comment

• Gainward Geforce FX 5800 128mb DDR2 AGP, "Ultra/800 Plus GS", Retail
        Gainward Geforce FX 5800 Ultra 128mb DDR2 AGP, "Ultra/1000 Plus GS" m/lyd & 1394

Reportedly Gainward's Ultra model will ship with a 7db cooler,
        if this proves to be true, why couldn't Nvidia manage to do this?

Gainward FX 5800 Ultra box shot

Comment

• Nvidia has updated it's Geforce FX 5800 Ultra cooling system, now the fan remains inactive (silent) when in 2D mode,
          and only kicks in when running 3D applications, they say the revised card is around 5db quieter than the original. [H]

Comment

• 5 db ?? that's it ? how about 50 db guys ? come on......
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

• Originally posted by E^vol
              5 db ?? that's it ? how about 50 db guys ? come on......
              It's a start...
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• I wanna know what the sound card is that ships with that Gainward Ultra 1000.

Comment

• NVIDIA UK HAS REFUSED to comment on a posting on a 3D bulletin board claiming that the GeForce FX is for
                  the chop. According to the rumour, posted at x-3DFX, Nvidia is canning the GeForce FX and has told its foundry,
                  Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp (TSMC), to stop when 100,000 NV30 are produced. The same posting
                  claimed that Nvidia will now concentrate on NV31, NV34, and NV35. warp2search

the inquirer

Comment

• Cameron,

I registered to post re: your front page GFFX thoughts. I agree with waiting until retail level products & drivers are available before passing final judgement. I don't think you quite undertand the Nvidia/NV30 situation, however...

It's most unlikely that AIBs/OEMs bother with a redesign of the reference board. The complexity of the 12-layer PCB & QC have necessitated Nvidia choosing 1 or 2 select AIB partners which will then supply all other OEMs with a finished SKU, sans cooler (if desired). If we look @ the GF4 series, all retail products are of reference design inc. the rev2 PCB of the Ti4200.

Your reference to CG & that "ATI will also support it in their R350" is completely wrong. CG is Nvidia's version of the MS HLSL & is designed to expose Nvidia hardware features. Why would ATI support this given the DX9 HLSL offers all their functionality? There's no point in them writing a back-end for an Nvidia optimising solution... Sure, CG offers some nice features for developers such as porting DX-OGL, but Nvidia needs this level of functionality as evidenced by Carmack's recent GFFX performance comments.

Your comments re: enjoying the scenery are also peculiar given the unfortunate state of FSAA & 1st order approximations of AF (unless the super slow fallback GF4 AF is selected). I agree that shaders v2.0, certainly look good, though! Ultimately the GFFX in it's present form is more a developer's board than an end-user's/gamer's, due to it's greater flexibility & design trade-offs...

Comment

• huh?

Comment

• You've seen OTES I, now prepare yourself for OTES-The Next Generation. Only from
                        ABIT, the next OTES will blow away the competition. After 2 years of development on
                        the OTES line, we used our R and D expertise as well as customer feedback to create
                        the best ABIT Engineered cooling solution for the GeForceFX series.
                        ABIT will announce more details on the GeForceFX series in late February. Stay tuned!

More info >>

"BLOW AWAY", An unwise phrase to use given current circumstances

Abit Siluro FX image

Comment

• JediAgent

He's referring to the article "My GeForce FX Thoughts" posted by Cameron on the homepage (last month).

Comment

• Why the Geforce FX doesn't have a 256bit memory bus.

1. Memory too expensive
                            2. Nvidia's memory controller not up to it

WE ASKED AROUND the industry why the nVidia GeForce FX does not use a 256bit bus with DDR II memory.
                            We learned that nVidia wanted to go for DDR II memory simply because DDR I stops at the magic limit of 400
                            MHz and that was the reason for making card with DDR II memory.
                            We wondered why they didn't use a 256bit memory bus as that memory working at 500 MHz would give them
                            32GB of raw bandwidth. It would have definitely been a Radeon 9700 PRO killer, it would have had almost
                            13GB/s greater bandwidth.

Read more >>

Comment

• SOURCES CLOSE to Nvidia tell the INQUIRER that the graphics firm has told its partners that the
                              GeForce FX is likely to be discontinued, with the firm instead concentrating on the NV35 platform.

Read more >>

Comment

• Box shot of Leadteks new WinFast A300 Ultra TD graphics card.

Comment

Working...
                                X