ATI 9700 Pro installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 9700 Pro installation problem

I am unable to install ATI 9700 pro on system with Asus P4S333 motherboard, When system starts it will hang, and then reboot to Bios setup. Bios is configured properly. (updated motherboard bios).
    ATI Tech Support has been of no help. Asus tech support and SIS tech support were no help. Card will install on system with an Asus cuv 266 motherboard. This problem continued after replacing card (ATI replaced card to eliminate coldboot problem).

Does anyone have info on this problem?

I had this same problem on an MSI KT4 Ultra. Set the BIOS settings to system default. Run your Windows in regular VGA. Download the newest chipset driver for the SIS and the newest ATI Catalyst drivers. Everything should work then, if not, then I would look into taking motherboard back.

Comment

Ok fellows the first place to look at is ya power supplies as a lot that I know of have had to upgrade good quality 350w ones to get these power hungary mothers to run properly. Also make sure that that power connector on the card is also connected to the power supply. : peace2:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Using Enermax 431 watt power supply, video card hooked up per ATI instructions. Card installs with no problems on Asus CUV266 mother board. This is my second card, (first card RMA'ed back to ATI) Tried default bios settings with no luck. Unable to post to desktop. I believe this a motherboard issue but I have three systems with same motherboard, I am very frustrated with this problem, I have been working on this for over a month.

The company I purchased the ATI 9700 PRO from wants a large restocking fee to take the card back, (incompatablility is not covered in their return policy) My GeForce 4 works fine with this motherboard.

Asus tech support has been of no help.
        ATI will RMA their card, but have not been able to resolve my issue.
        SIS has been no help.

Comment

Unfortunately you're not the only person to be caught by this I'm afraid. :(
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X