Clear All

• Direct X 9, can it be removed?

Can DX 9 be removed to install DX 8.1?

yip

file below should do it aint tried it so dont blame me

look at file name and all will be apparent

dont click on it save target as :)

Comment

There have been several varieties of DirectX uninstallers around over the past few years, but you should keep in mind that you'll have only about a 50-50 chance that it will work for you. Since DirectX is such an integral application, it is not uncommon to have to do a full format/reinstall of Windows to get it cleaned.

Just food for thought.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

personally wouldn't install the very newest version of DirectX unless i was prepared to do a reformat anywany

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know if you could do it. I myself will just ghost my drive again. I'm glad I made a ghost image before I installed DX9. I have a new game called The Deadly Dozen and all the plants, bushes and trees are white. I have been using 41.09 dets and I even tried 40.72, 30.82, and even the leaked 42.01 dets and it doesn't fix it. I have tried ALL settings for video on and off. New game patch also didn't work. I hope it's the DX9 causing it. We'll see.

Comment

I've had pretty good luck w/DX9 and newer games - some older DX7 games have had looked a littel weird though

Comment

Win XP users can always use "system restore" to remove it.
              If enabled that is...

;)

Comment

I've tried using system restore before and I never got a clean restore. There were always some kind of problems. It's no big deal to me, I will just stick with Norton Ghost to make my own 'system restore'.

Comment

i always keep my important files in a separate partition from my OS - so I'm always ready for a fresh install if I don't like the way something is working.

Comment

I used to use different partitions, but then one day my hard drive went completely bad. It made an awful sound. After that, I always backup data to CD and I make a ghost image once a week. I figure taking 7-10 minutes to ghost my drive is better than trying to recreate everthing I had.

Comment

Yeah there's no way you can really plan on losin' HDD but at least you can plan for a hosed os. :)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

You got that right Wiggo. You can also say that by using Microsoft Windoze, you know for a FACT, that one day your os WILL be hosed!!!! It's all part of what we as PC owners have come to expect. I still have a 120MB HDD that I hooked up about a month ago and it still fired up under DOS. I haven't seen any version of Windows starting with 95 that will run close to a year without having to re-install it.

Comment

Working...
                        X