Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AGP 1x card to get

Hey guys

My email / wife's game machine needs a new video card. The fan failed and burnt the chip a bit... got some bad video now.

I had a Anihilator Pro card in it, I found one still available, but just curious what you guys thought for an AGP 1x card.

Thanks

Hmmm, that's taking the memory back a long way - TNT / TNT2 maybe?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yep a TNT2 would be the safe bet as any higher is likely to add stability problems to ya system.
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

an Anihilator Pro is the Creative Geforce DDR card - going to an TNT2 would be step backwards in performance...what MB/chipset are your using - are you sure AGP1X is all it will support?

Comment

Well if it can handle that (sorry but I'd never heard of that card here) why is the requirement only for 1x AGP as these were the very first SS7 mobo's out as most after that were 1x/2x AGP? :confused:

But if we can clear that up then maybe a Radeon 7500 might fit the bill. ;)

But also he maybe as far as he can go. :?:

Comment

Hey guys, the mother board in it is an Abit BE6 board

So the P3 700 I got in there is already on a slocket board. It's not the best thing, but it's good for what it's used for.

Shop online at creative.com for wireless speakers and computer soundbars, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over $35.

I found a site where you can still get the Ani-Pro but, it's still like $75 ouch

HMMM... I just loaded the links, and the motherboard says it's an AGP slot, nothing else. Yet when I go the videocard site, it says it's an AGP 4x card. I lost....:geek:

Comment

its 1x/2x

getta radeon 7500

Comment

Ok now that's much better info so I think a R9000 would be a good choice atm (ATi or Gigabyte version) for that plus you'll get DX8 support thrown in as well. :devil:

Comment

Working...
                X