No announcement yet.

Albatron Ti4200p turbo cannot overclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno man. I replaced my FireGL 8800 (was looking for a reason to replace that card in my p4 at home) w/ the ti4200p turbo and she's working mighty fine... Scores went up from 13650 to 15225 w/ the ti4200p turbo at stock speeds (see sig for current rig setup). Havn't overclocked the card yet (see no real need to at the moment, absolutely all the graphically intensive games i got; none of them drop below 60fps in the playing i've done since i installed it).

Comment

From what I'm reading here the issue is that if you buy a card the sells as a ocing v-card then they should ensure that it does not go back to a luck of the draw. If they want to do that then knock the price down and tell the folks happy hunting and good luck.

Comment

Ok so let me see if I read your specs right, you have a 2.53 GHz CPU but OC'd it to 3.32 GHz. Albatron mobo, 512 DDR 450W PSU. Now some questions, you memory, whats the 512 DDR 333 @ DDR 438? Whats the @ stuff? ThermalTake Volcano, is that liquid cooled? I am new to this and know I will never reach the limits you are, and the card is actually working fine, I am not into the mine is bigger than yours syndrone, but I would like to know I didn't buy a $180 4200ti, DOH! You think Newegg would take this back? I also have only a 200W PSU, but I haven't had any power tripping faults, would the PSU lower the benchmark scores?

Comment

Ok another quick question. I know I am going to need another PSU, but that coupled with getting a new 2.4 GHz, would that possibly bring me over the 10k barrier? Any other tips? I am pretty sure my mobo can go to 2.4GHZ, now as I have said before I am a newbie to ALL of this, so this may be stupid, but please bear with me, we all must learn at some time. If my mobo is capable of 2.4Ghz, is it as simple as plug and play? Pop out the old CPU and install new one, power back up?

Comment

Originally posted by jagzzzzzz
            Ok so let me see if I read your specs right, you have a 2.53 GHz CPU but OC'd it to 3.32 GHz. Albatron mobo, 512 DDR 450W PSU. Now some questions, you memory, whats the 512 DDR 333 @ DDR 438? Whats the @ stuff? ThermalTake Volcano, is that liquid cooled? I am new to this and know I will never reach the limits you are, and the card is actually working fine, I am not into the mine is bigger than yours syndrone, but I would like to know I didn't buy a 0 4200ti, DOH! You think Newegg would take this back? I also have only a 200W PSU, but I haven't had any power tripping faults, would the PSU lower the benchmark scores?
            It's PC2700 ram, 2 sticks of 256MB Samsung DDR PC2700 (aka DDR333) the @ refers to the term "at" 438mhz (PC3560 approx). The ThermalTake Volcano 7+ is an air cooling unit.

A 200W PSU will be barely enough for a P2 :) You'll need a bigger PSU for a newer setup (Athlon or P4)

Comment

I have a P4 1.6Ghz in there now. I am new to all this and am only now realizing that I should not have built a pre-built model. I currently have a HP Pavilion 750n, this is what it came with, but now I need to upgrade my PSU, but wonder if it'll fit in my case. I don't feel like buying new everything. Do you think the PSU is the reason for my benchmark scores? I have never been in my bios, but will go into it tonight and see what I can do/ screw up. I think there is a bios update for my mobo too. I was wondering, I hear everyone talking about the detonator program and nview and all, what are these programs, are they specific to the CPU type you have, or video card, what? Can anyone use them? I went to the nvidia website and got the new drivers, I believe were 41.09 or something like that. I appreciate your help with all this and hope you can possibly help me prove my original thoughts wrong, that I got ripped. I was/ am going to get a new CPU and see what that does, probably a 2.4GHz since I think it can handle it, have read it on the HP forums. What kinda of increase do you think I'll get with a new CPU, 100 points, 1000 points? Thanks again!

Comment

that should read bought a prebuilt model.

Comment

nono you don't need a new psu to inrease your scores lol... Sorry, I guess when I posted that this morning I thought I was in the overclockers forums (posted few minutes after I woke up... not fully awake I guess :D)... Anyway up from a 1.6 to a 2.4 you should see around a 1000 point (give or take 100 - 200) increase.

Comment

ITS AN HP??? HP"S DONT HAVE AGP SLOTS. U runnin pci?
                    my view on the two party system...

Comment

Oh they do have an AGP slot! 6PCI, 1 AGP 4x slot.... on powerleap.com, it says aputure size is 64MB, but it's a 128MB card, can I change this, does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by jagzzzzzz
                        Oh they do have an AGP slot! 6PCI, 1 AGP 4x slot.... on powerleap.com, it says aputure size is 64MB, but it's a 128MB card, can I change this, does it matter?
                        General rule of thumb is to set your apature size to 1/2 your system memory (or at least 1/4)... But if your system only has 256mb of ram, I wouldn't set it higher than 64, just incase :)

Comment

Oh lol my bad then. I guess the newer HP's DO have a descent mother board, what video card did it come with? Yes your aperature size might help you out dramaticly. I dont know how HPS are to BIOS tunning, so get into bios at startup (by default it should be del during bootup) then look around for the aperature size. Should be under Advanced chipset features. might be advanced bios features. you want to change it to atleast 128mb, but I would suggest 170 since u are using 512mb ram.

Comment

DARN! Sucide beat me. But hey atleast my reply is more in depth. Hey sucie youre a hardware resaler right? Do you have a web site???

Comment

Guys I really appreciate your help. Ok here is an update of the stupid things I did last night. I flashed bios on vid card, got the new bios from albatron website. I didn't screw it up and my card still works, but my benchmark score went down with the new bios. Now at default settings I was at 8292, when I was at 8409. Oh well live and learn. I sent "Dr. Pro" an email, a link on the albatron website. I take it he's a rep of theirs, here is his reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for usig our product, and sorry for the inconvenience.
                              Please notice the ocerclocking will damage your system devices, and make your system unstable.Besides,we won't guarantee its overclocking ability(the max. speed) and it had anyproblems after overclocking.But you may fix the AGP frequency and increase its voltagr on your minboard BIOS,if you r mainboard could support it.Also you may do it via the attachment.
                              Please check it.
                              Thanks !

Best Regards.

He included
                              nvtweak.reg
                              .reg file

No currently I am using riva tuner, but haven't really messed with it too much. I went into my bios last night and changed it from PCI to AGP, but a lot of the options I see people talking about in the bios is not there, or maybe I am a boob and am getting into a different bios, but I doubt that. Increase voltage on my mobo? Will try to change apperture when I get home, it is at 64, so I'll boost it up. Any other suggestions, I just want to see what this puppy CAN do. I always put it back to default settings once done with the tinkering and benchmarking. I am soooo hoping I didn't get screwed by albatron. However when I did a compare with the ORB, I was doing better than the 4600ti with my proc size and what not, so that a plus. Hey any of you guys live in southern Connecticut and wanna fix my puter to break the 10k mark? Hehehe. Thanks for the help guys, please continue helping this newbie, I am actually getting hooked into this upgrading thing...

Comment

Question, ok I was looking at results online and a lot of people had different mobo's and had way higher scores, could that also be a problem, would that result in me not unlocking the full potential? But another thing I notices was that everyone was using different Detonator driver, now I have 41.09 and was wondering if the 42.86 would help, also are these drives specific to the mobo you have or the maker of your video card? Or is it, whichever ones give you the best results? I know when I updated from the drivers sent with the card to the 41.09, my score went from 7700 to 8200. Gameplay on the card is still awesome, ohh yeah almost forgot. I was running GTA3 and noticed no matter what I put in the video options, it defaults back to the original graphics which is like 640x800 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X