ATI 9700 pro problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 9700 pro problems!!

I hava a Sapphire atlantis radeon 9700 pro and a new ASUS A7V8X.... #@]#!!

I cannot make my ati in the right way...
    Tha MB see the Ati under PCI port 1 and doesn't work with latest 3.2 Cathalist....
    I think it is because of Via KT400 chipset...

Any Idea of what to do????
    THK
    Mayo

Go into the BIOS and change the default "first video" device from PCI to AGP. I do not know where the setting is exactly, but it's in there somewhere. That would be my guess. Hope it helps!

Comment

I will try this afternoon...

(How could You obtain more than 17000 in 3dmark2001se!!?!?!?!!?
      In this moment I have 13535.......
      Did You overclock??)

Comment

emhhh now it is under PCI 7 (I only have 5 or 6...)
        3Dmark 2003 4435.....
        By the way... why PCI?? under hardware properties??

Comment

Well... Yes, I do OC, both my CPU (2277) and video card (373/320) plus have my memory at very aggressive timings. These are the best settings I could get while keeping my system rock solid stable. I've seen people get 18k+ with slower CPUs and worse hardware than mine, and I have no idea how they do it. I have spent a LOT of time on my system getting all the settings tweaked "just so" and now I just play games and do not worry about benchmarks. :)

I am not sure I understand where Windows is saying that your video card is a PCI. I assume you made the change in the bios so that "primary display adapter" is set to AGP (not PCI). That should clear things up. Hmmmm... Try removing your video card from the device manager (in Windows) and reboot your system, then let Windows find it again. Hopefully it'll be found as an AGP device this time. That works for me when things go bad. Hope it helps.... :)

Comment

4400+ IN 3DMark03 is a decent score for a non-Oc'd r9700...I don't know what CPu you're running, but it sounds like everything is working more or less correctly

Comment

Working...
            X