Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen immediately upon boot-up

Hello!

I just purchased a new computer for my girlfriend, and having built 2 or 3 computers on my own, I decided to put it in her old case like she wanted and move over the good components.

However, once I moved it over, all seemed OK. This motherboard came from a HP pre-built computer, and the only thing different about it is it uses her HD now, would that cause some problems?

Whenever I boot up, POST checks out OK, and then when it blacks out for a second, right before you usually see the windows XP loading screen, I see a bluescreen error pop up for about 1 second, then the computer reboots back to bios and repeats.

The ram is different in there now as well, but other than that it should pretty much be the same.

I saw another thread where they mentioned the HD being the issue because of preset hardware setting, would this be my case?
    Thanks!

Edit: The motherboard is a ASUS A7N8X-LA.

Re: Blue Screen immediately upon boot-up

clear COMS and try again.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Clear COMS? Did you mean CMOS or what?

Please explain, thanks!

Comment

I cleared CMOS successfully, and still received the same problem upon booting up.

Immediately after BIOS and POST runs, it's a blue screen the dissapears as soon as it comes up and the computer restarts.

Thanks!

Comment

If the hard drive came from her previous computer, than windows probably didn't like moving out, in otherwords it does not like switching harware(mostly motherboards) expecialy between OEM's.

You may need to reinstall windows.

Comment

Originally posted by o0Brandnewcolony
            I cleared CMOS successfully, and still received the same problem upon booting up.

Immediately after BIOS and POST runs, it's a blue screen the dissapears as soon as it comes up and the computer restarts.

Thanks!
            If your using a hardrive with an OS (operating system) already installed that was from a different system or hooked up to a different mainboard other than the exact same one/model, then you will have to reformat the drive on the new system and reinstall your OS to make things work right with the new system/mainboard.

If the above is not the case and your Cmos settings are all o.k. then check your new system ram to see if its defective.

Comment

If you have official Windows installation CD's, then you could also try a repair install. I have done that many times as well.
              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
              Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
              Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
              Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
              PC P&C 500W PSU
              2TB Seagate
              Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
              X